Monday, March 10, 2008

It Is What It Is...

As time has passed since my Mom's death, I have thought about the saying "It Is What It Is" quite a bit more. The more I think about it, the more I like it, as it seems to cover things quite well.

The part I really like, is that as I learn more and am able to observe more, the statement will always hold true (it seems timeless).

My uncle (mom's brother) and I argued about this vs. "Life is what happens while your making other plans" over a couple too many Wild Turkeys and Diet Pepsis.

I don't think we solved this argument, for some reason I am uncomfortable with accepting his saying as true. I believe that for the most part, I am a believer in determinism, which at first glance doesn't seem to jive with his statement.

-Bill

In other news...

Traveling Wilbury's the band is a must if you like any of (Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Roy Orbison, Tom Petty). Still amazed some people haven't heard of this band.

BeoWulf the Movie was pretty cool (largely CGI, but great story).

"The Band" and Susan Brighton were recommended to me.

Portland City Grill is on my bad side now, for somehow managing to screw up almost all aspects of my last meal. How do you pour the Gin into my glass so it tastes bad?

No comments: