Today's column 'The Animal Doctor' by Dr. Michael Fox, United Features Vet Columnist was an interesting one to me. And pertinent to conversations as of late. To quote his reply to a wheel-chair bound reader worried about the dog licking him, Dr. Fox's partial reply states "I have received letters from people whose various skin problems were quickly cured when they allowed their attentive canine companion caregivers to lick them. Animal saliva includes natural antibiotic and wound-healing substances so I wouldn't worry too much about your dog licking you.' He does go on to discourage any transfer of dog saliva directly to the mouth and cautions against claw scratches.
To cut to the chase, the Sport, often called The Chief, our father knew this and passed it on only to have it ridiculed by ignorant bastards. I say 'enough.'
A dog's tongue is antiseptic.
Monday, March 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment